Thursday, July 8, 2010

Best Friends Forever

After devouring the GIRL series that Beth has already reviewed, I needed something light, easy, fun and girly.  Jennifer Weiner never disappoints in that way - Her characters are never perfect, they are folks to whom you can relate easily, and her stories are fun. 

Beach Reading.. she is perfect for summer!

This story was fun, if not rather predictable.  However, even with its predictability, it is an enjoyable read from start to finish. 

Perhaps it is a kinship I feel with the author - we are the same age, and she grew up in the tiny neighboring town to mine in Connecticut.  The first book of hers I read endeared her to me from the start when she described places I knew all too well. 

Her stories will not inspire political debate, or hotly contested points of view, but if you want a feel-good, fun read, I'd highly recommend any of her books. 

Her latest, Fly Away Home, comes out this month, and I am anxious to download it!

No comments:

Post a Comment