Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Dead in the Family

I am a HUGE Sookie Stackhouse fan. I actually "discovered" the books before the brilliant HBO series came out, and I quickly read all the books (being in the middle of a hurricane helped). So I not-so-patiently wait every year for Charlaine Harris to come out with a new Sookie book.

The most recent installment was so-so. There were pages and pages of build-up, and then in the last 10 pages, everything was resolved. I hate that. In a class I took a year ago, we read "The Spy Who Came in from the Cold" by John LeCarre, and he did the same thing.

I put off starting the newest Sookie book as long as I could, because I wanted it to last. So I'm reading and reading and reading, and then I realized that there were relatively few pages left and I thought there should be a lot more story left. I'll still read the Sookie books, but the recent ones aren't as good as the ones that came before. I'm a lot more excited about the beginning of the new season of the TV show these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment