Monday, May 3, 2010

The Girl Who Played with Fire

So, about three seconds after I finished "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo," I downloaded "The Girl Who Played with Fire" on my Kindle.

And I dove into it.

While I eventually loved "The Girl Who...," it also moved very slowly. I'm wondering if this is: a) an author issue; b) a Swedish issue; or  c) a translating-from-Swedish-to-English issue. I am not well-traveled, but in my imagination, life in Sweden moves a lot slower than it does here in the U.S. I don't know what makes me think that -- maybe all the snow?

Anyway, insights into my weird psyche aside, "The Girl Who..." was fascinating. It again involves Lisbeth Salander and Mikael Blomkvist, but also introduces a whole new list of characters, each with an amazing past, present and future (for some).

I was not satisfied with the ending of this book, because there was no resolution. I know it's coming in "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest," due out on May 25, but do I have to wait that long?

No comments:

Post a Comment