Friday, April 9, 2010

Happens Every Day

Happens Every Day is a memoir of a former actress, turned college professor, turned, yet unknown.  I am not yet finished with the book.

The story is good, the writing engaging, and it is easy to read (very important for me as I read before bed and my over-taxed brain cannot handle actually THINKING at that hour.)

Isabel describes in detail her marriage to the most wonderful guy, her amazing life and her great kids, and how she lost it all without really noticing it was slipping away.

Overall it is a fine book.  Here is what BUGS me:  I don't think she had an editor!  Or, if she did, the editor should be FIRED on the spot!  There are glaring errors in grammar (Drives me INSANE when someone says they "feel badly"... UGH! She has said it at least a half dozen times and I am about halfway through) and then they slaughtered the name of MY BREED OF DOG!  Please note.. it is NOT a Burmese mountain dog.. it is a Bernese Mountain Dog.  All Three Words Get A Capital.  And the dog comes from Switzerland!!  Seriously, would it have killed them to check into these things???

No comments:

Post a Comment