Monday, April 12, 2010

Stormbreaker

With a husband certified as an English teacher and in library media, I find my house filled with young adult fiction. Probably my first venture into the genre was the Twilight series. I've not looked back since. Well done YA fiction can be as compelling and interesting as any "adult" fiction.

Stormbreaker by Anthony Horowitz is a fabulous YA book and a super start to a series about a teenage boy who is forced to work for Britan's spy agency after his uncle is killed in the line of duty. Alex Rider is an instantly likeable hero and his story, unlike many first in a series, is a fast starting, action packed one. The author's premise requires little set up and this allows for the book to take off quickly. I look forward to reading more of these and will definitely recommend them to friends who have young adults in the house who liked other series like Percy Jackson, Gregor and Harry Potter.

No comments:

Post a Comment